Well, here I am - 4 days until a new life invades our world. I unlike many, enjoy pregnancy for the most part. I enjoy having normally thoughtless and rude people, not be thoughtless and rude to me because I have an enormous growth on my stomach. I enjoy having a really good excuse not to exercise or do near as much as I normally do. I enjoy knowing that my body is involved in something absolutely miraculous. There are lots of downsides like giving up wine, , not being able to roll over without tremendous effort, having to run to the bathroom every 30 minutes,etc, but there comes a time in every pregnancy when you realize that no matter how great or horrible your pregnancy has been, it is about to be over. Then you realize how easy those last 36-40 weeks have been. All those pregnancy bummers pale in comparison to unknowns and trials of having a newborn. I remember this feeling before I had Nathan. It seemed to hit me like a ton of bricks. I suddenly wished that I could protect him forever inside me.
I had those thoughts again today, but knowing that I am not necessarily doing myself or Thomas any good by risking the preeclampsia progressing was a big comfort. I also have been reminding myself what an immeasurable joy Nathan was immediately upon his arrival. Has he gotten sick? Yes. Has he gotten hurt? Yes. Has my life changed dramatically? Yes. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I am excited to see what wonderful changes God will bring with the addition of Thomas to our family.
Please pray for Roane and Nathan that they will be open to these changes, too. :-) Also pray that my delivery will be without complications, that Thomas will be healthy and able to come home when I do.
Doctor's visit today was without incident. Blood pressure was good, baby looked good, etc. Roane or I will try to post pictures late in the day on Tuesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment