Monday, January 12, 2009

Notes

Ok, so the weekend was tougher than I imagined. I was really glad to have Nathan and Roane around for at least a little human contact, but somehow it made it that much harder to just lay there and let everything happen around me. Plus we almost always hang out with friends on the weekend, so I really missed that.

Sunday morning I decided to check out Richie Sessions sermon list at IPC in Memphis, and listened to one called "What Wondrous Love is This". It was on Isa 49. He talked about how Israel was in captivity, and even though God had made so many wonderful promises to them, they refused to believe him. Instead they allowed their personal circumstances inform how they felt about God. Then (as he said) God argues with them and tells them that He loves them more than a mother loves her nursing child; He engraves them on His hands; and their walls (circumstances) are ever before Him. It was so encouraging to be reminded not to let doubts and fears creep in when my personal circumstances tell me I am alone or scared. That is the absolute best time to look at the promises God makes in His word to us - to allow God to argue with us, and show us what He says and promises. I also loved that God says he loves us more than a mother loves her nursing child. Richie pointed out how one sided that love is. That even before that child can do anything to show you how thankful he is for his care, the mother loves him totally. God's love for us is 1000 times greater than that. His love doesn't depend on how tight we hold on to Him, but He holds on to us continually. Thank you God for your promises, and thanks, Richie, for always pointing out the absolute wonder of the gospel in every sermon you preach.

So, tomorrow is doctor visit day. I am sure there will be lovely lab work to be done. My veins in my left arm are almost recovered from last week. Pray that everything will be stable and that the preeclampsia will not have progressed any. Also pray that the sonograms and fetal monitoring will show that Thomas is still developing well, and doing good.

Roane and Nathan are being real troopers. Nathan did want me to go upstairs and lay down in his playroom Saturday (Mom, you can do that upstairs!), but I declined and told him we would have to talk to the Dr. about that first. We have been playing Whack-a-mole and reading on the couch. Roane suddenly and miraculously is aware of and does (without my asking) almost every household task imaginable (except iron or clean toilets). It is a huge burden off of me to not have to look at dirty dishes or a pile of laundry constantly though.

I will update as soon as I can about how my appointment goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment