This is my attempt to fight boredom and keep all my friends updated on my bed rest. Hopefully, I will be able to keep it updated after Thomas arrives.
This is officially day 4 of laying on my side for the vast majority of the day. For those of you who don't know the full story, here it is:
We are expecting our 2nd son February 24, 2009. I have suffered from hypertension (high blood pressure) throughout the pregnancy, but it started to go up around the holidays. My MD decided to do some further tests this past Monday, and they showed that I have a mild case of preeclampsia. My blood pressure had also continued to shoot up even though my meds had been increased. That is why they sent me home. They also further increased my bp meds.
Since Tuesday, my blood pressure has dropped dramatically, so that is very encouraging. The frustrating thing is that while uncontrolled hypertension is a risk factor for preeclampsia complications, there isn't a direct link. They really don't know what causes preeclampsia, or how to stop the progression. So, I kind of feel like I am laying here w/ a ticking time bomb in my belly!
We would ideally like to be able to hold off delivery for a minimum of 2 more weeks, but every day counts, and if I can go all 6, that would be the best thing for Thomas.
I go back to the doctor on Tuesday for tests that will check to see if the preeclampsia has progressed or not. I will also have an ultrasound, and visit with a maternal and fetal specialist.
Keep us in your prayers. I will update more later.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Bedrest = no fun. If you put forth the tiniest hint of effort you can busy yourself reading blogs all day.
ReplyDelete