Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Plans

Roane and I met w/ Dr. Kenneth Perry, a maternal & fetal specialist today, and he said that given Thomas' level of development and my diagnosis, that we schedule my delivery between 36 & 37 weeks. He also said that the benefit to Thomas of trying to hold out another week or two vs. risk to me developing more serious complications wasn't worth it. So, after that we went to see my OB and discussed Dr. Perry's recommendations and decided to schedule my C-section for January 27th.

Until then, I am on what he called modified bed rest - I can sit up to eat, take showers, sit up to watch tv, etc, but no unnecessary outings. I will also go back to Jackson Friday for them to rerun my blood work, etc, and then twice next week as well. They just want to make sure that everything remains in check until the 27th.

I have to say that I am very at peace with all of this. I told Roane that last Monday, I was thinking that 6 weeks was going to fly by; then Tuesday - that it was forever; and now I am down to two weeks & that it is going to fly by! But, at the same time - I am so thankful for doctors that are able to tell me what is best and explain it all in a way that I can understand.

Also, we met w/ my doctor in her actual office today, and on her desk is a devotional for the day. I wish I had made a copy, but it was entitled "Rest". It was talking about how sometimes when we schedule a vacation, that we spend so much time concerned with how much we have to do before we leave, and what we have to do when we get back that we fail to enjoy the actual period of rest. But sometimes God gives us unexpected periods of rest, and that we should be thankful for them, and use them to spend time in His Word, and in prayer. Funny how God leaves things in our path to show that he really does know and care about our specific situation!

I also wanted to say a special thank you to everyone who helped with my shower last night. It was such an encouragement to us to know that so many people are praying for us. I can't wait for Thomas to use all his new duds & gear!!!

Several people have asked me about any dietary restrictions, so I asked today. Both doctors said that I should try to limit salt, but nothing extreme. That is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment