I have to start by saying that even though, physically I probably shouldn't have gone to my grandfather's funeral, emotionally and spiritually, it was a huge blessing. The pastor, Rev. John McKenzie, did a wonderful job of relaying to everyone there why Pop was the man he was - his faith in Jesus Christ. Pop didn't just show up at church on Sunday, he lived his faith every single day. He reminded us that even though we as a family had lost someone who had provided stability, strength, wisdom, and goodness - God is our best source of these things, and He was Pop's source of those things.
My heart misses him, but I am so thankful that he has looked at the face of Jesus and heard the words, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." He is right this moment experiencing his eternal reward.
Given the emotional stress of Monday, it wasn't a shock to me or my doctor that my BP was up somewhat when I got there Tuesday. They put me on the monitor for 20 minutes or so, and by the time I left, all my numbers were back where they should be. I have been hanging out on the couch all day, today.
My day wouldn't be complete without at least a little excitement, though. My sister e-mailed me about 2:00 to say that she and her daughter had come down w/ the flu overnight. We of course spent almost 24 hrs straight with them both at my parents! YEAH! Roane and Nathan got the pleasure of visiting the Ruleville Clinic and having flu swabs, etc. Thankfully, everyone tested negative, but they started a round of Tamiflu just to be safe. Thank goodness for our Rural After Hours Clinic, and thank goodness for preventative care!
I will head back down again on Friday for one more check before the big day on Tuesday. Please pray that there are no complications for me or Thomas!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment