These last two weeks have been a total emotional roller coaster. This time last week, I was so overwhelmed that I thought I wasn't going to make it. We still were having some really rough nights, and we just hadn't found our groove with sleep. I literally felt like I had to drag myself to church last Sunday. I am so glad that I did. I was so convicted from start to finish, and by the end of the hour, my attitude took a total 180. I really felt God weighing on my heart to rejoice in where I was right then - even in the exhaustion - and trust him for what was to come. I had really been fearful of how I was going to function when I go back to work.
I am happy to report that the last week has been so much better. Thomas is sleeping more consistently, and even going 4-5 hour stretches at night. But even when things are not going smoothly, I try to remember how short this time really is, and cherish the time with my little one.
I am back to a place where I can't escape work any longer. It is literally beating my door down. I worked one afternoon last week, and will probably end up working a couple of days this week, but next week marks the official return to 100% responsibilities at the office. Pray that the stress of work doesn't take an emotional and physical toll on me.
This week is going to be a little nuts. Roane is going to be gone Monday-Thursday. I have my six week check-up in Jackson, and have things to do at work. It is going to be a little crazy trying to get Nathan to school, taking care of meals and house by myself. I will also be missing Roane covering the 10:30 feeding for me, so I will be losing at least an hour, if not two of my precious sleep! I have called for a little back-up : Mama is coming Tuesday and spending the night, and then Tami is going to come on Thursday.
Finally, what you really care about - Thomas. He is growing like a weed! He is approx 10 lbs and 22 inches long! He is even starting to get some cute little rolls of baby fat. SO CUTE! He is also starting to be more alert during his "waketimes". He is starting to "coo", bat at hanging toys, and even a few grins.

No comments:
Post a Comment