We got home Friday afternoon around 3:00. Exhaustion hit me like a ton of bricks that night! I went to sleep as soon as Nathan did & managed to get a cumulative 7 hrs of sleep from 8 pm-8am. Thank you, Thomas, for not screaming all night! :-) Yesterday, I caught a 2 hr nap after lunch and repeated my night routine last night. This morning, I am starting to feel like a semi-normal person instead of a zombie.
We took Thomas to check his bilirubin levels this morning, and it had gone up to 18.5, so Roane is on his way to Jackson to pick up a bili-blanket, so we don't have to take him to Bolivar Medical overnight. I really love living in the Delta, but I despise Delta health care! Dr. Bob is great, and was glad to know that someone in the universe could supply us with a blanket at home. He said he has been trying to find a supplier for over 6 months! We will go back to check levels again tomorrow, so I will keep you posted.
I still feel really fortunate that this is the only negative thing that has happened, since he was born 4 weeks early. Nathan had jaundice, too, and he was 39 weeks & weighed 9 lbs, 4 oz, so . . .
Here are a few more pictures for your enjoyment.

No comments:
Post a Comment