Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer

Whewwww! It has been a wild and very fun summer already. I am very sad that it is over halfway over. Nathan finished his t-ball schedule in mid-June and his team placed 3rd! We ended the season with a Pizza Party at Lost Dog Pizza. We also had Aunt Mari, Andy, & the kids come watch a game!



T-Ball Party!!!!


As soon as t-ball finished, VBS started. Nathan had a great time learning all the new songs, and 5 great Bible verses that week. Our theme was centered around the rain forest. It was an exhausting week, but so fun! I am really excited that I am going to get to do the whole thing over the last week of July. I am going to be on team from our church taking VBS to Sunnyside Neighborhood in Queens, NY! We will be teaching 50 kids who mainly come from completely unchurched backgrounds about Jesus & His LOVE! I am very excited.

Last week we spent a week in Destin on Vacation. It was an interesting year to go to the beach, b/c of all the news about oil spill. Despite the national news, the beaches there were beautiful! It was a little rainy while we were there, because Alex was stirring up the Gulf, but we still managed to eat way too much and enjoy plenty of beach & pool time.





I took Nathan to Big Kahuna Waterpark for the first time this year. I am pretty sure it is the first time I have been to a water park since I was 12! He is normally pretty terrified of heights and anything new in general, but he was FEARLESS! We went down a huge 6 story tall slide that was dark and twisty. I was so dizzy and disoriented when I got to the bottom, I thought I was going to lose my $20 lunch!! :-) He wanted to do it again!!! I declined and decided it was the perfect time for us to go ride the river again. He also tried to ride the body board on the half pike and did pretty well. The final attempt threw him pretty good, but he loved it anyway!

Thomas had the most fun playing at the Destin Commons fountains. He wasn't sure what to make of the sand.

We are also spending lots of time playing with our friends and being silly!


No comments:

Post a Comment