We celebrated Nathan's 5th Birthday on Saturday, October 10th. The theme was "SuperHeros." I am not a huge fan of most of the actual superheros out there. They are all a little grown-up and too serious for a 5 year old - in my opinion. Our compromise was to create our own superhero! Each child decorated their own mask and cape, then we took their picture and printed it out on a 4 x 6" card. They got to take it all home as favors. The giant problem with this plan was that I am HORRIBLE at crafts. I am not creative at all! I ended up buying WAY too many things for them to decorate with, but it turned out to be a huge success. All the kids had a great time. Below are some of the pictures (sorry, they are out of order.)

Roane & I gave Nathan the Batman & Friends "Batcave". When he opened it, I expected "WOW, thanks!!" Instead I got, "THIS is what I what I wanted for Christmas last year!"

Blowing out the candles
.

Playing in the superhero outfits.

SUPER NATHAN!

Decorating our masks

No comments:
Post a Comment